Wednesday 10 December 2014

Appreciation

Taking things for granted is the bane existence of humanity. We take food, water, shelter all for granted and we don't realise it. I mean they are essential needs to human beings but we just take it and don't know what we've done. But the number one thing I think we, as humans, take advantage of the most, is other humans. No I'm not saying this to make the headlines of the news but I'm saying it as a matter of fact and my opinion.

Why do people do that? Why do I do it? I know that I do it. I do it to my mum, for example I know that I sometimes forget to truly appreciate some of the little gifts she gives me. I take advantage of my best friend because I know she's reliable. 

I want to apologise for all the people who I have taken advantage of... even if it was something small, I'm sorry. It's inexcusable when I do something shitty to someone but even worse when I try and blame it on my past experience. Just because there have been times when people have done one over on me, doesn't mean that I should take it out on another person... So can someone answer why humanity does this to us? Why on Earth do we take people for granted? 

If people (or you) answer – love. Then I don't accept that. I found someone (Contemplation and Contentment) that loves me and doesn't take advantage of me. He has been amazing to me and never pressured me for anything and has always said thank you to me for something.


There is never going to be a day when there isn't someone, somewhere in the world taking someone for granted. I mean yeah it hurts, so why do we do it? And why don't we take a moment to appreciate something beautiful for a beat? They're the questions I want answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment