Monday 19 January 2015

Things I've learnt While Using Makeup

As a beginner, I know how hard it can be to distinguish what brush to use for what or will this match this? Well here are some things I've learnt whilst using makeup over the past few months.

1) Pick either lips or eyes.

If you want to go for a bold lip look, like I do most of the time, but if you do cut back on the eyes. Having bright blue eye shadow mixed with bright orange lipstick, isn't going to get you on the cover of vogue let alone a date. Not that you need to get a date but it doesn't make for a good look none the less.

For example I will be going to a wedding in April and I'm stepping out of my safe zone by going for a bold eye look mixed with neutral lips.
I'll be using Makeup Resolutions Eat Sleep Makeup Repeat palette.
For my neutral lips I will be using Lime Crime's Velvetine in Cashmere
If you guys want photos I will be more than happy to take them and post them.

2) Organisation is key.

How are you going to see all the beautiful products you have purchased if you just chuck them in a drawer. In the end you just pick up whatever product is a the top or whichever is your go-to makeup. It doesn't allow full access to your whole collection and then there's no variety in your routine and makeup ends up expiring because you've opened it once and now it's been left at the bottom of your drawer.

I recommend Ikea furniture and in the land of beauty guru's, the Ikea Alex 9 Drawers are quite popular but find what works for you. Be unique and be original.

If you're after some of the more acrylic desk top organiser's or some makeup displays, I have found a couple online sites for Australia and New Zealand.


3) Use both natural lighting and artificial lighting.

This is something that everyone needs to do when applying makeup because under different lighting your makeup can look different also it might help you spot some places that you might've missed when blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment